Dog saved from house fire by firefighters

FIREFIGHTERS have this evening rescued a dog from a flat fire, a spokeswoman for the brigade has said.

The blaze broke out in a ground floor flat in Gonville Close, Mildenhall at around 9.20pm.

A fire crew from Mildenhall fire station and another from Newmarket arrived at the scene to discover the flat heavily smoke logged.

A spokeswomen for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters had saved a dog from the blaze.

The flames were brought under control by the crews by around 10.10pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus