Doggy paddle only! New swimming pool unveiled at luxury canine creche in Ipswich
The Suffolk Canine Creche at Martlesham is making a bit of a splash.
You could say it is the perfect place to stay, for your pampered pooches, because it now has the luxury of a swimming pool.
Owner Candace Rose d: “It is going really well. We have some dogs that are total water babies and they are loving it. We introduce them to it slowly, and only a few dogs at a time. It won’t be a complete free-for-all.”
The bespoke pool is heated, is specially filtered and comes from the USA. It opens with a specially designed ramp and deck built by our local builder Lloyds general builders at Kesgrave for safe and easy launching into the water.
“No – it’s not just a paddling pool!” said Candace.
Dogs are natural swimmers, of course, but if one is a bit nervous at first there are special bouyancy jackets available to wear.
The creche, a finalist in the East Anglian Daily Times Business awards, has continued to impress by being recognised by its own industry in the 2015 National Pet Industry Federation Awards to be held at the Crown Plaza, Liverpool in November.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 9 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
The business has been named as a finalist for Pet Service Business of the Year Award.
The bow-wow factor continues at the SCC in the form of the introduction of The Woofington Post – a regular communication to keep all families informed about all the activities, the dogs and staff, said owner Candace Rose.
She said: “The highly successful Me & My Best Friend course held in the school holidays involved our young owners in obedience, activity and dog handling, see our video on the SCC’s Facebook page, this event is being repeated during the half term.
“Last Saturday’s Puppy Party for new owners, was fully subscribed, all owners received a ‘party goody bag’ to take away and learnt about socialisation, caring and managing their puppies, building great relationships for the future for both dog and owner.”
There are also Christmas Photo Shoots with a choice of scenes ideal to use as a Christmas cards.