Dogs saved after kitchen fire drama

TWO dogs have been rescued from a smoke-filled kitchen after an incident in a Suffolk village.

TWO dogs have been rescued from a smoke-filled kitchen after an incident in a Suffolk village.

Fire crews from Eye and Diss were sent to a house in Century Road, Eye, at just after 6.45pm and arrived to find a small fire in the kitchen.

The blaze was quickly brought under control by firefighters using breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a covering jet.

Nobody was injured during the fire and the two dogs were taken to safety. The incident was over by just after 7pm.