Illegally imported puppy Dolly put in quarantine
- Credit: Suffolk Trading Standards
A puppy has been detained for being brought into the country illegally.
Dolly the Dachshund is in quarantine with Suffolk Trading Standards after she was brought over from Romania.
Dolly is eight weeks old and has only received the Nobivac DHP vaccine and is not vaccinated against rabies.
The UK is currently rabies-free and this is why there are importation controls for pets.
All dogs must also be microchipped and vaccinated to enter the UK, with proof of at least 12 weeks of age.
You may also want to watch:
Dolly is currently in a 21-day quarantine, at the cost of her new owners.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's