Double celebration for 10th birthday
A CHURCH is having a double celebration this Christmas to mark its 10th birthday.An array of events are taking place at Christ Church on the Moreton Hall estate in Bury St Edmunds, which first opened its doors with a special service on Christmas Eve 1993.
A CHURCH is having a double celebration this Christmas to mark its 10th birthday.
An array of events are taking place at Christ Church on the Moreton Hall estate in Bury St Edmunds, which first opened its doors with a special service on Christmas Eve 1993.
On that occasion 170 people attended a celebratory service and midnight communion. The next day, Christmas Day, the church celebrated its best ever present when it unveiled its own building to operate in.
It is hoped the celebrations to mark its 10th anniversary will be as successful as the ones held to mark the opening.
You may also want to watch:
The events began on Christmas Eve with an afternoon service followed by midnight communion, and birthday cake was handed out to the congregation yesterday.
The Rev Jonathan Ford, vicar at the church, said: "This is a wonderful occasion for our church and people. The time seems to have gone so quickly. We do hope the whole community will join with us and celebrate."
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
The celebrations continue in the New Year with a curry night, a quiz night and a treasure hunt. In April, the church will be dedicated for the first time and there will be a whole weekend of events, including a barn dance.