Double crash chaos blocks A14
TWO crashes have brought traffic to a standstill on the A14 this afternoon, threatening chaos at rush hour.
The accidents happened near to the Copdock interchange in the east and westbound directions.
At around 4.20pm a car and a lorry collided on the east bound slip road.
Emergency services were called to the scene and traffic has started to build up, backing up towards Ipswich town centre.
Meanwhile a lorry has shed its load in the westbound carriageway of the A14, just before the Copdock junction at about 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the accidents have caused “chaos” with large bits of steel in the road.
The lorry was believed to be carrying steel metal beams.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
Tail backs are expected in both directions.