Double death sparks murder probe
A MURDER investigation has begun after a father was found dead in a house and his teenage daughter later died in hospital.
Emergency services were called to a Littlefields, in Prayors Hill, in Sible Hedingham shortly after 10am yesterday and found the pair suffering from serious injuries.
The Ambulance Service and Essex Police gave emergency medical assistance however 48-year-old Costas Pierides died at the scene.
His 16-year-old daughter, Margaret, was airlifted to Colchester General Hospital with life threatening injuries where she later died.
Police cordoned off the area surrounding the large detached house at the centre of the inquiry.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police said that the could not speculate the sequence of events surrounding the investigation.
Tom Laurence, landlord of the White Horse, said: “I have never heard of a murder here for a very long time to be honest and I would be slightly concerned as the investigation makes me feel slightly uneasy. I am just shocked.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
“I have not heard anything but I saw the police and ambulances flying past but we can see nothing else.”
He later said that police were blocking roads surrounding Prayors Hill.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the inquiry.
Pay tribute to Costas and Margaret Pierides Contact the newsdesk on 01473 324738 or e-mail Holliefirstname.lastname@example.org