Double fatal crash suspect in police custody
A 20-year-old man who was arrested after a car crash which killed two women in Ipswich has today been transferred from hospital to police custody.
A 20-year-old man who was arrested after a car crash which killed two women in Ipswich is due to be questioned by police today.
The man was placed under police guard while he was treated in Ipswich Hospital for a suspected fractured collarbone after the crash.
But he was taken into custody at Ipswich Police Station tonight where he was being questioned.
Friends Kate Wasyluk, of Irlam Road, Ipswich, and Emma Harold, of Foxhall Road, died after they were in collision with a Citroen Saxo in the early hours of Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
A third woman, Emma's 25-year-old sister Beccy is in a stable condition in intensive care at Ipswich Hospital.
The women had been walking along the pavement in Foxhall Road at 12.15am after a soul night at the St Clement's Sports and Social Club.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
The occupants of the car, a 20-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The woman has now been bailed to return to Ipswich Police Station on March 18.