Stunning snaps of ‘magical’ double rainbow in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
This was the breathtaking scene when a rare, beautiful double rainbow appeared across the Suffolk skyline.
The postcard worthy shot was captured by Louisa Woolmore, high above the fields of Earl Stonham this week.
The photo of the double rainbow was taken at 4.45pm after a brief hailstorm hit Stowmarket, just before the sun began to set.
A similar picture of the double rainbow was taken by Gary Campion, showing the rainbow high above Stowmarket train station.
Speaking of the rainbow, Mr Campion said: “It was magical and such an iconic representation of Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“The rainbow came literally just after a brief hailstorm and it was vivid.”
The unusual double rainbow comes as temperatures in Suffolk have slowly been reaching the teens, with clearer spells expected this week.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
According to the Met Office we will continue to see light flurries of rain between spells of sunshine until Saturday, March 23.
From Thursday to Saturday there will be patches of cloud and brighter spells, feeling warm in any sunshine.
However there is still the chance of the odd spot of rain or drizzle, possibly making way for more rainbows across the county.
Keep your eyes peeled and send any great shots you take here or enter our picture of the week competition on Instagram by hashtagging #IpswichPOTW or #SuffolkPOTW.