Outdoor gym classes aim to encourage activity in North Essex towns
- Credit: Archant
A new, free, outdoor gym has opened in Dovercourt – aiming to give busy people the chance to take part in a 30-minute workout every week.
Community Voluntary Services Tendring (CVST), through its Big Lottery funded HILL programme (Healthier Independent Longer Lives), runs a 30 minute circuit class using the outdoor gym equipment in the Tendring District Council-run Cliff Park, Dovercourt.
The initiative, supported by Livewell Tendring, takes place on Mondays from 2.15-2.45pm – ending just before the school run.
The sessions are usually led by Matt Rozier, Community Development Officer at CVST who has a degree in sport and exercise science.
“These classes are the perfect way to get active at a pace that suits you,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no sign-up fee or monthly payment, and the 30 minute classes are ideally suited to getting people going on the path to being active.”
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 6 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from