Boy, 15, arrested after serious assault of teenager
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to another teenager who is in hospital after a serious assault in Dovercourt.
Essex Police were called to the scene outside a caravan park in Low Road at 8pm on Wednesday, July 15 after receiving reports of a serious assault.
The victim, another teenage boy, said he had been sitting at the bus stop when he was approached by a boy he didn’t know.
He was seriously assaulted and was taken to hospital for treatment to his shoulder and arm, where he remains.
A 15-year-old boy from Basildon was arrested at the scene and remains in custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking any witnesses to come forward to assist with their enquiries, quoting incident number 1203 of July 15.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds