Dozens of firefighters tackle huge blaze
MORE than 50 firefighters tackled a large blaze which broke out in a warehouse in Norfolk.Ten fire engines from across the county as well as a chemical incident unit were sent to the scene of the Rackheath industrial estate, north of Norwich, at around 5.30pm.
MORE than 50 firefighters tackled a large blaze which broke out in a warehouse in Norfolk.
Ten fire engines from across the county as well as a chemical incident unit were sent to the scene of the Rackheath industrial estate, north of Norwich, at around 5.30pm todaywhere there were two large buildings on fire.
One crew was originally called to tackle a small area of hedge on fire but this then spread to the buildings.
It is believed there are flammable liquid cylinders in one of the premises and a 200-metre exclusion zone has been set up.
You may also want to watch:
There are no reports of people in the buildings, which police said were a joinery shop and a factory warehouse. The fire is now under control but the incident is expected to be ongoing for some time.
The premises are owned by a joinery firm and a manufacturer of controls and sensors for water supply in buildings.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 7 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 8 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 9 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift