Drastic haircut for Lawshall pupil to help those with cancer
- Credit: Archant
Young Eddie Wolfe has lost his long locks in aid of charity.
The Year 5 pupil, who attends All Saints Primary School, in Lawshall, lost his flowing hair in front of his class so that it could be used to help makes wigs for patients who have been through chemotherapy and lost their own hair.
It was cut by Katherine Warner, of Ixworth’s Warner Hairdressers and Barbers, and made a total of 27 plaits which has now been sent off to the Little Princess Trust.
Head teacher Clare Lamb said beforehand: “Anyone who knows Eddie will know that his long hair is an integral part of him, he’s a bit of a ‘surf dude’ really.
“This decision wasn’t easy for him. Nobody can remember what Ed looked like with short hair.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie was also fundraising for Cancer Research at www.justgiving.com/Sally-Wolfe and has so far raised £287.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'