Dream journey for fundraising duo set to follow Inca Trail
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter are preparing for an Andean adventure in aid of charity.
Anne Beckett-Allen spent 2014 running marathons and cycling hundreds of miles for Rosedale Funeral Home’s ‘10 for 10’ charity challenge, marking the firm’s 10th anniversary.
Mrs Beckett-Allen, a director of the company, which has branches across north Suffolk, said: “2015 is the year that I get to tick off something on my bucket list.
“I have always wanted to see the Inca Trail and when my mum mentioned that she would be interested in coming to Peru with me I couldn’t believe it.
“Helping so many people who have been bereaved of a mother, I realise how privileged I am to have my mum. We run together every week, but have never had a real adventure – just the girls.”
You may also want to watch:
Mum, Sandra Rackham, is a member of the Diss branch of the Salvation Army. She said: “I have always dreamed of helping others abroad in some way but was unable to be away from such lengths of time because of family commitments, and I have always wanted to see Machu Picchu and the surrounding scenery so this will be a combined dream come true.”
The 10-day trek includes a stay in the Sacred Valley, near Cusco where the pair will help a community project with basic construction work, painting, decorating, gardening and refurbishing, as well as climbing 4,600m to Abra Salkantay to see the views of Mount Salkantay. They will set off in October after raising at least £2,000 each for the international work of the Salvation Army. They will fund the cost of the trek themselves.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Witches take control at Lynn in opener
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
To lend your support with a donation, visit justgiving.com/AnneSandraTrekPeru.