Drink-driver shopped by McDonald’s staff after 5am stop at Suffolk drive-through
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A hungry drink-driver was shopped by fast food chain staff who suspected him of being over the limit.
James Carr was caught up with by police after using the McDonald’s drive-thru on the Fiveways Roundabout at Barton Mills.
Just before 5am on February 18, staff reported their suspicions that Carr was under the influence to police, who then located the 21-year-old’s Volvo S60 in Mildenhall.
A breath test returned a reading of 91 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath – the legal limit being 35.
Carr, of Isleham Road, Worlington, admitted driving while over the limit at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court, in Ipswich, on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
When magistrates asked him for his explanation of the offence, Carr replied: “I’m just thankful no one got hurt.”
He was banned for two years and ordered to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work over the next 12 months.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year