Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after A14 crash
- Credit: NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK ROADS AND ARMED POLICING TEAM
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of drink-driving in connection with a crash on the A14 near Beyton in Suffolk.
Firefighters, paramedics and officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team were sent to reports that a car had left the road on the A14 westbound between Elmswell and Beyton yesterday.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent engines from Bury St Edmunds and Elmswell at around 7.16am, but both were stood down within 20 minutes.
Police said there were no serious injuries to report, and the road had cleared by approximately 10am.
Officers later arrested a man on suspicion of drink-driving in connection with the incident.
The man was also wanted in connection with an alleged assault in central Ipswich, police said.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to police custody, where he is being questioned.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed