Drinkstone: Crews tackle blaze in two sheds and a lean-to
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews were called to a fire involving two wooden sheds and a lean-to in Drinkstone near Woolpit yesterday.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received the call at 3.06pm to a fire in the open in Woolpit Road in Drinkstone.
Crews from Elmswell and Stowmarket arrived on scene at 3.16pm to find a wooden building well alight close to a house.
At 3.31pm crews advised fire control the fire involved two wooden sheds that had spread to a lean-to on a house.
Crews extinguished the fire but found there was also smoke in the property and at 3.44pm crews removed roof tiles from the house to check any further fire spread.
The fire was brought under control by 4.04pm and crews continued to damp down for a further 30 minutes and checked for hot spots with a thermal imaging camera.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole