Drinkstone: Police make arrest in connection with kidnap where man was forced into a car in 2009
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man in connection with a kidnap incident which happened in Drinkstone in 2009.
The victim, a man in his 30s, reported to police that on Sunday September, 13, 2009 he was threatened at a property in Drinkstone, near Bury St Edmunds, by four men and was forced to get into a car and driven to London.
At the address in London, a flat, the victim was held against his will.
In the early hours of the following morning, while the captors slept, the victim managed to escape and raise the alarm.
Yesterday a 26-year-old man from Croydon was arrested at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on suspicion of kidnap, false imprisonment, blackmail and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been released on police bail and will be due to return to police on September 2.
Following initial inquiries in relation to this incident two men were arrested and charged in July 2010 and sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
A man, then 34, and from London, was sentenced to eight years for kidnap, blackmail, false imprisonment and possession of a firearm with intent.
A second man, then 25, and from London, was sentenced to six years for kidnap, blackmail and false imprisonment.