Driver dead following lorry smash
POLICE and firefighters are attending the scene of a road crash near Manningtree.
A MAN has died after the car he was driving collided with a lorry.
The collision happened between a Mercedes A Class and a seven-and-a-half tonne Iveco tipper lorry on the A120 in Essex.
A stretch of road was closed yesterday afternoon following the accident, which happened at around 3.30pm near Great Bromley.
The driver, believed to be in his early 80s and travelling from Suffolk, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police, firefighters and the Essex air ambulance were called to the crash on the westbound carriageway of the road, near the A133 junction to Clacton and Horsley Cross.
Fire crews from Manningtree were joined by an engine from Colchester in assisting police at the scene.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
The road was closed and diversions put in place while crash investigators attended the scene.