Driver dies following crash
AN ELDERLY man has died today after he fell ill at the wheel while driving and collided with a parked car in Felixstowe.A crew from the East of England Ambulance Trust and police were called to the scene at 9.40am.
AN ELDERLY man has died after he fell ill at the wheel while driving and collided with a parked car in Felixstowe.
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Trust and police were called to Sea Road, near to the junction of Platters Road, at 9.40am to find a gold Vauxhall Astra Estate had been involved in an accident.
A police spokesman said the 70-year-old driver of the Vauxhall, believed to be from Clacton-on-Sea, had collapsed at the wheel and was unconscious and not breathing when emergency services arrived.
He was treated at the scene and was given cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) before being taken to Ipswich Hospital. He was pronounced dead at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A small section of Sea Road and the whole of Platters Road was closed for two hours while the Serious Collision Investigation team carried out their work.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo