Driver suffers serious injuries during collision with tree in Icklingham Road at West Stow
A man aged in his 20s sustained serious back and leg injuries during a crash in west Suffolk today.
Multiple emergency crews including police, paramedics and firefighters were sent to Icklingham Road at West Stow, close to the road’s junction with the A1101, shortly after 8.25am.
A yellow Volkswagen Golf travelling towards the A1101 left the road and collided with a tree, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The driver – a man in his 20s – was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious back and leg injuries, which are not believed to be life-changing.
The road was closed until around 1.30pm while a police investigation took place.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines from Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and Mildenhall attended.
Anyone who saw a vehicle matching this description at the time, or just prior to, the collision, or who may have dashcam footage, is asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Unit on 101 quoting reference CAD 91 of today.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward