Driver has ‘lucky escape’ after fence post impales car in Sible Hedingham
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews had to cut a woman free from the wreckage of her car after a crash in Essex today.
Firefighters were alerted to the collision on Halstead Road at 7.43am and sent two engines from Halstead.
Crews used cutting equipment to release the woman, aged in her 30s, from her car, which had rolled onto its side, trapping her inside.
Station officer, Danny Partridge said: “The car rolled onto a fence post which went right across the driver’s seat, a few inches more and it would have impaled the drive.
“This was a very lucky escape. Once we freed the woman was able to walk away from the car and into the ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews worked really well with the ambulance service to get the woman out of her predicament and thanks to that co-operation this ended well.”
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust sent two ambulances and two Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) vehicles to the scene.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
HART acting team leader Graham Wareham said: “A wooden post went through the windscreen and missed the driver by one or two feet.
“She escaped with a few scratches and scrapes to her arm so she was very lucky really. She was shaken up but in fairly good spirits.”
The woman was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further care.
The road was reopened shortly before 9am.