Driver killed in collision with lorry
A PENSIONER was killed in a car crash after his car travelled along a one-way system in the wrong direction.The 80-year-old man from Felixstowe, who was driving a grey Rover 416, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on Trinity Avenue in Felixstowe just after 2.
A PENSIONER was killed in a car crash after his car travelled along a one-way system in the wrong direction.
The 80-year-old man from Felixstowe, who was driving a grey Rover 416, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on Trinity Avenue in Felixstowe just after 2.31pm yesterday.
As he was leaving the junction from the BP petrol station at Anzani Avenue a lorry travelling along Trinity Avenue towards the A14 from dock gate two was in collision with a J-registered car.
The man had not been named by police last night.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while a fire crew freed the man from the vehicle and to allow police officers to investigate the accident.
An hour earlier police were called to an accident on the A14 at Coddenham when one lorry was in collision with the back of another.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
None of the drivers were seriously injured in the accident but there were delays on the A14.
Any witnesses to the Felixstowe accident should call Ipswich police on 01473 613500.