Driver’s lucky escape after car crushed by lorry
A DRIVER was lucky to avoid serious injury today after his car was trapped under a lorry following a collision at Sproughton.
The man, who was said to be aged in his late 50s, was in a Vauxhall Astra which was reported to have been in collision with two lorries on the A1071 Hadleigh Road, near the junction with Hurdlemaker’s Lane.
Fire crews and rescue vehicles from Ipswich and Stowmarket were sent to the scene following the crash, which occurred just before 12.25pm.
A spokeswoman for ambulance service said the man was reported to be pinned in the Astra by a heavy goods vehicle.
The casualty was complaining of chest pains, which may have been caused by the car’s airbag that was activated by the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The man was cut of the vehicle by firefighters and taken to Ipswich Hospital.
He is not thought to have been seriously injured.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 10 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building