Drivers stopped for anti-social behavious
A SWOOP on cars being used in an anti-social manner resulted in 45 vehicles being stopped at a police checkpoint.
It was set up at the Old Cattle Market on Portman Road between 7pm and midnight on June 25 with the aim to target those driving around the “Double D’s”, an area circling the Royal Mail sorting office and Fire Station, along Russell Road, Quadling Street, Commercial Road and West End Road.
The action was taken following complaints from members of the public relating to vehicles being used with loud exhausts and loud music in an anti social manner.
The Vehicle and Operator Service Agency (VOSA) and Suffolk County Council Road Safety Team joined Suffolk Police Roads Policing Officers and officers from the Ipswich Central Safer Neighbourhood Team to target offenders and help examine vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
Each driver of the 45 vehicles that were escorted to the check site with the following results: 14 immediate prohibition notices were issued, 21 delayed prohibitions, 84 advisory Notices for defects, 19 fixed penalty notices for offences of tinted windows, dangerous condition, excessively noisy exhausts, no driving licences and tyre offences, 31 vehicles exhausts checked for excessive noise, and two vehicles seized.
Sgt Julian Ditcham was pleased with the results. “This was a very good check for all involved. It helps to send out a message to drivers that using vehicles in an anti-social manner will not be tolerated.”
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune