Three arrested after drones used to search for hare coursing suspects
- Credit: robert mckenna
Three people have been detained after emergency services scoured a large area on the edge of Felixstowe looking for suspected hare coursing activity.
The individuals have been detained under suspicion of hare coursing.
Suffolk Constabulary were first called to Felixstowe just before 9pm after reports of suspected hare coursing activity in the area.
The large police presence in the town received assistance from Suffolk Fire and Rescue, whose officers used drones to search the fields.
Suffolk Fire sent one engine from Woodbridge station and it remained in Marsh Lane, Felixstowe.
At the time police spokesman said: “Fire officers are assisting us with the search.
You may also want to watch:
“We have got a wide area to cover and the drones can see much further into the distance.”
Men with dogs were spotted in the fields that sit behind the Felixstowe golf course, running along Ferry Road leading up to the hamlet on the River Deben.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Suffolk police went on to widen their search to the marshes further inland.
A police spokesman said: “This is a great result for us, it can be hard to find these people over such a large area.”