Drug dealer will find out sentence next week
A motorist who was arrested in Braintree by police officers who suspected him and a passenger in his car of drug dealing has been convicted by a jury.
Before Ipswich Crown Court was Katakyie Addie-Kodua, 26, , of London, who denied two offences of possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply.
He was found guilty after a two day trial and sentence was adjourned until next week.
Giving evidence during his trial Addie-Kodua said the Nokia mobile phone didn’t belong to him and must have belonged to his passenger.
The court has heard that as police officers were about to approach the defendant’s car they saw a gaunt looking male approach the passenger window and suspected a drug deal was about to take place.The officers found two wraps of heroin and cocaine in the passenger footwell and later discovered a further 54 wraps containing the drugs were found in the passenger’s trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Officers allegedly discovered messages connected with drug dealing in a phone found in Addie-Kodua’s pocket.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw