Drunk vandal smashed door before taking aggression to pub after downing bottle of 52% spirit
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A man who smashed the door of a stranger’s home while drunk on potent spirit has been told to pay for the damage and distress caused.
Michael Sedlar, 34, tipped the drunk scale when he smashed the glass door panel of a Newmarket family’s home.
Sedlar, of Wamil Way, Mildenhall, drank a 75cl bottle of 52% Slovakian spirit before turning up at 3.40pm on June 12 last year.
After being told to leave, he smashed a door panel and stumbled away – his trousers falling down as he left.
His aggression transferred to a pub, where he was removed by police – spitting, snorting and thrashing about.
You may also want to watch:
Blood from cuts matched a sample taken from the door.
The warehouse operator admitted criminal damage at magistrates’ court in Ipswich.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
Mark Holt, duty solicitor, said Sedlar had been sober since seeking treatment for drinking after the incident, which he could not recall.
He was ordered to pay £350 in compensation and fined £180.