WATCH: Horror crash sees driver jailed after deliberately running over pedestrian
- Credit: Archant
A man who deliberately ploughed into a pedestrian with his Land Rover has been jailed for three years.
Duane Manchester, 32 and from Lowestoft, crashed into a man next to a newsagents in Norwich Road in the town following an argument on November 10 last year.
The victim, who was known to Manchester, suffered cuts and bruises as a result of the collision.
At Ipswich Crown Court, Manchester was sentenced to three years for actual bodily harm, 15 months for dangerous driving and two months for causing damage to the newsagents.
He was also disqualified from driving for 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
DC Chris Thompson, of Lowestoft police, said: "Fortunately, targeted incidents like this are rare and hopefully the victim will be relieved to know that Manchester is behind bars for a significant period of time."
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash