Dudley join National League
DUDLEY'S application to join the National League has been accepted.The Heathens, carrying the nickname of the famous old Cradley Heath speedway team, will come to the tapes in April with their home matches shared between Birmingham's Perry Barr and Wolverhampton's Monmore Green.
DUDLEY'S application to join the National League has been accepted.
The Heathens, carrying the nickname of the famous old Cradley Heath speedway team, will come to the tapes in April with their home matches shared between Birmingham's Perry Barr and Wolverhampton's Monmore Green.
Club chairman Nigel Pearson said: "This is a wonderful boost for us all. Ever since we announced the plans for the new club we have been keeping our fingers crossed and now it has become reality.
"I must emphasise this would not be possible without the wonderful support of Chris Van Straaten at Wolverhampton and Gary Patchett at Birmingham who are both very keen to see the Heathens find a new home eventually.
You may also want to watch:
"But they are also firm believers in giving younger riders an opportunity and that's something both team manager Will Pottinger and myself are keen to do. Our first signing will reflect that.
"It's not Cradley, but it's the next best thing. Heathens fans have a league team to support for the first time since 1996."
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Opening-night for the Heathens has been set for Wednesday April 7, when the touring USA Dream Team will visit Perry Barr, with their first meeting at Wolverhampton the following Tuesday.