Dugard set to quit Eagles
EASTBOURNE owner Bob Dugard has announced his intention to retire at the end of the season.He wants to see a new, younger promoter take charge of the club to keep the Eagles as a competitive Elite League outfit.
EASTBOURNE owner Bob Dugard has announced his intention to retire at the end of the season.
He wants to see a new, younger promoter take charge of the club to keep the Eagles as a competitive Elite League outfit.
He said: “At the age of 67 I cannot maintain the level of interest required to win leagues. There are too many complications involved for me at this stage.”
Dugard recently indirectly indicated he would take Eastbourne out of the Elite League over some of the allegations thrown at Coventry and Poole this season.
You may also want to watch:
That threat now looks unlikely to happen.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown