Dunwich: Forest fire rages in dry conditions at Dunwich Forest
FIRE crews battled the flames raging through a popular tourist spot.
Flames were spotted among the bracken at Dunwich Forest at 12.35pm yesterday, and two crews from Leiston and Southwold attended along with the water carrier from Leiston.
But firefighters soon called for help, with pumps from Halesworth and Saxmundham and a 4x4 vehicle from Lowestoft in attendance.
Two acres of undergrowth and forestry were alight, with crews tackling the flames.
They had the fire fully surrounded by 2.30pm using two jets and a hose reel and put the fire out completely by 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Crews stayed on the scene for some time to damp down the area and check for any smouldering undergrowth.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week