Dutch barn in morning fire drama
FIRE crews were sent out after a Dutch barn caught fire near Bury St Edmunds.The fire took hold in the 40m by 10m barn in Hengrave at 7.25am today.
FIRE crews were sent out after a Dutch barn caught fire near Bury St Edmunds.
The fire took hold in the 40m by 10m barn in Hengrave at 7.25am today.
Suffolk Fire Service sent two fire engines from Bury and used hoses and water jets to beat back the flames, which engulfed about a quarter of the barn.
A fire service spokesman said the barn housed silage and straw.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service remains on scene at the current time.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move