Earls Colne: Emergency services called to airfield crash
- Credit: Archant
FIRE services have been at the scene of a collision on an Essex runway between aircraft.
Crews were called to Earls Colne Airfield just after 2pm today (April 7).
A light aircraft was landing when it collided with other planes on the ground causing damage.
No-one was trapped in the collision and no fire had been caused.
Crews cleaned up a fuel spillage and drained the remaining fuel from one of the aircraft’s tank.
You may also want to watch:
Appliances from Halstead, Coggeshall, Colchester and Maldon attended.
Air Accident Investigation Branch has been made aware.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions