Earls Colne Post Office set to move along High Street
- Credit: PA
A village post office is set to move into a DIY supplies store.
Earls Colne Post Office will open at the Fork Andles store on March 17 at 1pm.
The move along the High Street comes as the current postmaster Keith Edwardsis retiring.
Peter and Jenny Lewis, owners of Fork Andles, have agreed to take on the service which will now run for longer – including all day on Sunday – as it matches the store’s opening hours.
The current branch will close on March 16 at 5.30pm, and people wishing to use a post office for the short period of closure are advised to go to the Halstead branch situated within WH Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Will Russell, regional manager for the Post Office, said: “We understand how important having a post office is to residents in Earls Colne and we are confident this new modern service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and marks a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
The move has been backed by the parish council.
The new branch will be open from 8am-6.30pm Monday-Friday, 8.30am-6.30pm on Saturdays, and 10am-4pm on Sundays, with services provided from the shop counter rather than a separate part of the store.