Early Bird offer for those taking part in the West Suffolk Spin
- Credit: Archant
This month sees the launch of the My WiSH Charity’s third West Suffolk Spin and for the whole of February the charity will be running an Early Bird offer.
The event is taking place on Sunday, June 3, when cyclists will set off from Nowton Park, in Bury St Edmunds, on a series of routes consisting of 25, 50, 75 or 100 miles around the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
Prices are under 16s £5 (must be accompanied by an adult) with the Early Bird offer for over 16s being £20 (normal price £25, £35 on the day).
Last year’s second West Suffolk Spin saw more than 350 people take to their bikes making the total raised to over £11,000 for the charity which supports the West Suffolk Hospital.
Organised by My WiSH Charity’s special events committee, made up of both staff and members of the public, the committee was set up to organise fundraising events to support the work of the hospital, and the Spin is an event to help families enjoy outdoor exercise together.
You may also want to watch:
As always there will be fantastic food stations along the route for cyclists to get nutrition and energy drinks along with cakes baked by the villagers throughout the routes.
Carol Watson, who is a member of the West Suffolk Wheelers and has taken part in the last two events, said: “I’ve enjoyed it every single year I have taken part and the food stations are always exceptional and most welcomed by the cyclists.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 8 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
“But if you want to get riding at discounted prices now is the time to get your entry forms in and it is for such a worthwhile local cause.”
The Spin has the support of sponsors Revel Outdoors and Sarah Wightman, from Revel, said: “We are really pleased to be supporting the West Suffolk Spin once again.
“The event really does promote health and wellbeing and having under 16’s included means children can be active too; such a wonderful message. It is also great to support a local charity that changes the lives of so many people.”
If you would like more information about how to get involved contact the fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01284 712952 or log onto the website www.mywishcharity.co.uk for more information and to get the Early Bird discount.