Early Bird offer for those taking part in the West Suffolk Spin
- Credit: Archant
This month sees the launch of the My WiSH Charity’s third West Suffolk Spin and for the whole of February the charity will be running an Early Bird offer.
The event is taking place on Sunday, June 3, when cyclists will set off from Nowton Park, in Bury St Edmunds, on a series of routes consisting of 25, 50, 75 or 100 miles around the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
Prices are under 16s £5 (must be accompanied by an adult) with the Early Bird offer for over 16s being £20 (normal price £25, £35 on the day).
Last year’s second West Suffolk Spin saw more than 350 people take to their bikes making the total raised to over £11,000 for the charity which supports the West Suffolk Hospital.
Organised by My WiSH Charity’s special events committee, made up of both staff and members of the public, the committee was set up to organise fundraising events to support the work of the hospital, and the Spin is an event to help families enjoy outdoor exercise together.
As always there will be fantastic food stations along the route for cyclists to get nutrition and energy drinks along with cakes baked by the villagers throughout the routes.
Carol Watson, who is a member of the West Suffolk Wheelers and has taken part in the last two events, said: “I’ve enjoyed it every single year I have taken part and the food stations are always exceptional and most welcomed by the cyclists.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 7 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 8 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
- 9 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 10 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
“But if you want to get riding at discounted prices now is the time to get your entry forms in and it is for such a worthwhile local cause.”
The Spin has the support of sponsors Revel Outdoors and Sarah Wightman, from Revel, said: “We are really pleased to be supporting the West Suffolk Spin once again.
“The event really does promote health and wellbeing and having under 16’s included means children can be active too; such a wonderful message. It is also great to support a local charity that changes the lives of so many people.”
If you would like more information about how to get involved contact the fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01284 712952 or log onto the website www.mywishcharity.co.uk for more information and to get the Early Bird discount.