What’s the weather in East Anglia this week? Settled, cloudy and cool before May Bank Holiday
- Credit: Archant
After Storm Hannah blew through the country, the forecast for Essex and Suffolk next week is much more settled, with no more rain expected until Wednesday.
East Anglian forecasters Weatherquest expect patchy cloud and patchy showers for most of Suffolk and the north of Essex, blown in from the north of England as the last of the stormy weather passes over the region.
The warmest and driest spots will be to the west of the county, so Sudbury, Haverhill and Bury St Edmunds should see some sunshine and temperatures as high as 14C.
For those hoping for a day at the beach this weekend, the winds and rain are more likely on the Suffolk coast, with colder temperatures of 9C in Felixstowe, Aldeburgh and Southwold.
Patchy cloud cover and daytime highs of 10-12C for Monday and Tuesday can be expected in East Anglia, before some showers on Wednesday and a return of some stronger winds on Thursday, with potential gusts of up to 20mph.
You may also want to watch:
These wind speeds are not expected to cause any travel delays for commuters on the roads or rails. Local elections also take place on May 2, so voters should be able to access their polling stations without a problem.
While the forecast for the May Day Bank Holiday is not yet clear, temperature are forecast at this time to rise, with the Met Office predicting possible highs of 19C on Sunday May 5.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found