East Anglia: Last night’s freezing temperatures were the coldest of the year
MOTORISTS have been battling freezing roads this morning after temperatures hit -6C (21.2F) last night.
Forecasters have called it the “coldest night of the year” with temperatures down to -6.4C (20.48F) being recorded at Wattisham Airfield, near Needham Market.
Chris Bell from Weatherquest said: “Last night the temperatures across the region were between -4C (24.8F) and -7C (19.4F).
“Some places today will struggle to go above freezing but I think we will probably not see the temperatures of last night but -3C (26.6F) to -4C (23F) so not quite as hard of a frost.”
Forecasters are expecting mild air to arrive in the region on Friday morning bringing with it wet and gusty weather.
You may also want to watch:
Winds could be up to 50mph but temperatures are expected to be about 8C (46.4F) over the weekend.
Weatherquest’s new podcast is available to listen to every morning from 7am and evening at 5pm from www.eadt.co.uk
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 6 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints