East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices holds ‘magical’ sunset Glow Walks in Felixstowe and Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
A procession of charity fundraisers dressed in Halloween costumes with glowing neon accessories created a “magical” spectacle as the sun set on the Suffolk coast this evening.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices’ (EACH) annual Glow Walks saw more than 200 people attend events in Felixstowe and Stowmarket, where they walked either two or three miles in their spookiest outfits.
EACH’s fundraising assistant for Suffolk and east Essex, Georgia Memory, said the events were a Halloween celebration for children, with a disco and games for those who took part.
Ms Memory, who attended the Felixstowe walk, said: “It was really quite magical – especially with the beautiful sunset, Felixstowe Pier in the background and the many glow sticks and head boppers lighting up the seafront.”
The two events are hoped to have raised more than £1,600 for the charity, which will support its work helping seriously ill young people and their families in East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a massive thank you to all those who came out to experience the night with us,” she added.
“I would also like to say thanks to all the volunteers who helped out.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions