East Anglian home renters among most dissatisfied in UK
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Home renters in East Anglia are among the most dissatisfied with their accommodation providers across the UK, according to a new survey.
The UK has seen rental prices rocket over the last 10 years nationally. Rents have risen by a staggering 63% over the last decade, and for most, the cost of renting will take up at least half of their income.
The survey was conducted by website Vaboo, which develops engagement platforms for the rented accommodation sector. It asked more than 1,000 renters to score their renting experience out of ten, to identify where in the UK renters are most and least happy.
London came out as the worst place to rent in the UK, with East Anglia as the fifth worst.
By contrast, Yorkshire and the Humber, Wales and the East Midlands were the places where people renting property were most satisfied.
You may also want to watch:
The survey was made up of respondents aged between 18 and 65-plus who rent privately, via social housing or within the build-to-rent sector.
Overall, 86% of the UK renting population was concerned by the rising cost of living. The study also asked participants what types of savings and discounts would help them to cope.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
These findings suggested that East Anglians are the least concerned region in the UK when it comes to saving money on household bills, with only 73% choosing this as a concern, below the average figure of 79.2% for the UK as a whole.
However, East Anglians were more concerned than average about saving money on holidays and health and fitness.
An interactive map released together with the report shows the opinions of more than 3,000 renters nationally.