Defibrillator installed at Stanway Mcdonalds following refurbishment
- Credit: JEREMY HAGON
A defibrillator has been installed at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Essex following a £2 million refurbishment.
The life-saving equipment’s installation in Tollgate Retail Park in Stanway has been made possible due to a partnership with the Colchester Community First Responders and funding from McDonald’s franchisee Craig Newes.
The project is also being supported by the Stanway ward councillors.
The device will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and its installation has been praised by residents.
Colchester First Responder, Martin Ford, said: “It’s great to see a local business supporting our campaign to increase defibrillators around Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole Tollgate Retail Park is now within 90 seconds of a public access defibrillator. By the end of this year, CCFR’s will have deployed 17 devices across the Borough.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars