Crash shuts A12 for nearly two hours
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Suffolk police were called to a crash on the A12 near East Bergholt this morning, with a section of the southbound carriageway closed for nearly two hours.
Officers were sent to the scene shortly after 11am to reports of a collision between a silver/grey Citroen van and a black Renault Clio.
Part of the road was closed by police while recovery was arranged for the vehicles, a spokeswoman for the force said.
No-one was injured and the collision was 'damage only', she added.
Traffic was slow in the area while the incident was dealt with, but the road was re-opened at approximately 12.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'