East Bergholt: Firefighters called out to chemical spill
FIREFIGHTERS in Suffolk and Essex were scrambled to a chemical spill in East Bergholt on Sunday afternoon.
The drama unfolded in White Horse Road at about 4.45pm.
Two crews from Ipswich, a crew and command unit from Woodbridge and another crew from Manningtree were sent to the scene.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it is unclear what the chemical was but they used absorption materials to make the scene safe.
Personnel at the premises where the spill happened were advised to arrange for a contractor.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was dealt with by 6.05pm.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window