East Bergholt: Girl, 15, victim of attempted sexual assault near The Hare and Hounds pub
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old girl was the victim of an attempted sexual assault near a pub in a Suffolk village, police have said.
The incident took place in Chaplin Road, East Bergholt, at around 5pm on June 3.
The teenager was walking past The Hare and Hounds pub, in Heath Road, when she saw a man resting against the fence at the road junction.
He tried to speak to her, but she ignored him and continued to walk on.
The man then grabbed her wrist and pulled her in to some nearby bushes, where he exposed himself.
You may also want to watch:
He made sexual comments and tried to force himself upon her, before she managed to run away.
The incident was reported to police later that evening.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Specially trained officers have been working with the victim to establish a clear picture of what took place, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The offender is described as a white man, in his 20s, with blonde short spiked hair, dark coloured eyebrows, a stubble, and was wearing skinny-fit light blue jeans and a grey hooded top.
Call police with information on 101.