East Bergholt: Girl, 15, victim of attempted sexual assault near The Hare and Hounds pub
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old girl was the victim of an attempted sexual assault near a pub in a Suffolk village, police have said.
The incident took place in Chaplin Road, East Bergholt, at around 5pm on June 3.
The teenager was walking past The Hare and Hounds pub, in Heath Road, when she saw a man resting against the fence at the road junction.
He tried to speak to her, but she ignored him and continued to walk on.
The man then grabbed her wrist and pulled her in to some nearby bushes, where he exposed himself.
He made sexual comments and tried to force himself upon her, before she managed to run away.
The incident was reported to police later that evening.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
Specially trained officers have been working with the victim to establish a clear picture of what took place, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The offender is described as a white man, in his 20s, with blonde short spiked hair, dark coloured eyebrows, a stubble, and was wearing skinny-fit light blue jeans and a grey hooded top.
Call police with information on 101.