Teenage girl approached by stranger under bridge
- Credit: ADRIAN PYE
An approach to a teenage girl by an unknown man has prompted her school to warn parents and students to stay vigilant.
The student, who attends East Bergholt High School, was walking under the bridge in Station Road, Manningtree, when a man approached her and tried to speak to her.
He was white, in his 40s, bald, well built and wearing a high visibility jacket.
In an email sent out to parents, the school said: "We have been made aware of an incident where a female student has reported being approached by a man while walking under the bridge at Manningtree station.
"The student was spoken to by the man. She ignored him and continued walking home.
You may also want to watch:
"The police have been informed and have advised that if anyone has a similar experience and is targeted by this man they should contact Essex Police with incident number 1250 of May 10."
Essex Police confirmed they were investigating the incident.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners