Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital by air ambulance after crash
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has flown a woman in her 60s to hospital following a motorcycle accident in north Essex.
The crash happened on the morning of Sunday April 28 on East Mersea Road and involved no other vehicles.
The Essex and Herts Air Ambulance was called to the scene and airlifted the victim of the crash to hospital.
The exact injuries to the woman are not yet known but her condition is described as not life-changing.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Officers are currently at the scene of a single vehicle collision on East Mersea Road, West Mersea involving a motorcyclist.
You may also want to watch:
“The motorcycle rider, a woman in her 60s, was taken to hospital with non-life-changing injuries.”
According to the AA Route Planner website, East Mersea Road is closed and traffic is slow in both directions, close to Rewsalls Lane and Park Dean Resorts.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey