Ambulance service appoints new interim board chairman
- Credit: Archant
A new interim chairman of the region's ambulance service board has been announced.
Nigel Beverley will take up the role at the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust as of Monday, July 1.
Mr Beverley replaces Sarah Boulton, and will continue in his current position of chairman of Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital Board.
He has held several chief executive positions in hospitals in Essex and London, and has experience in commissioner roles at a regional level and in healthcare business development.
He said: "I am honoured to be appointed as interim chair for the East of England Ambulance Service. I look forward to working closely with chief executive Dorothy Hosein, board colleagues, staff and the regulators to support ambulance staff and volunteers while the trust recruits a substantive chair."
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hosein said she was "delighted" about the appointment.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move