Carriageway reopens on A12 after collision
- Credit: Archant
A lane on the A12 has reopened following a collision that saw one person taken to hospital.
The incident, involving a Ford Ka and Volkswagen Golf near the Copdock interchange with the A14, was reported to Suffolk Constabulary at 4.10pm today.
An 18-year-old woman has been taken to Ipswich Hospital this evening by ambulance following the collision.
The lane was cleared by 5.15pm following the arrival of the police and East of England Ambulance Service on the scene at 4.45pm.
Traffic delays are now easing in the area. Tailbacks had previously stretched as far back as Capel St Mary.
You may also want to watch:
There are no reports of anyone else being injured in the accident.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were not called to the scene of the accident.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock