East of England Co-op responds to Lavenham ram raid
A £40,000 reward for information to catch the criminals behind a spate of ram raids at Co-op stores in Suffolk and Essex is now being offered by the East of England Co-op.
The doubling of the reward comes after the latest ram raid at the Co-op Foodhall store in High Street, Lavenham, at around 1.15am this morning (December 21).
A car was reversed into the middle of the store, where it remains, causing damage. A targeted cash machine was not stolen and the offenders fled the scene before police and security arrived.
This morning, Lee Hammond, head of security at the East of England Co-op, said in a statement: “I can confirm that a ram raid took place at our Lavenham Village Shop earlier today.
“The store is currently closed whilst scenes of crime Officers carry out their investigations, before repairs are made and the store is tidied.
“Our state-of-the-art alarm receiving centre enables us to monitor each of our stores 24 hours a day, and we’ve introduced further security measures including removing cash from our ATMs. We have our own security team who were able to respond swiftly, along with the police.
“We are offering a reward of £40,000 for information that leads to a successful conviction of those behind the recent spate of ram raids across Suffolk and Essex.
“Anyone with information should contact Suffolk or Essex Police, or call Crimestoppers anonymously.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches