East Suffolk bin collections cancelled for second day due to snow
- Credit: Archant
Refuse collections have been postponed in east Suffolk for a second day as snow continues to fall in the county due to Storm Darcy.
East Suffolk Council has said it has cancelled all bin collections for Tuesday morning due to forecast snow on Monday night.
The refuse will be collected at a later date, the council confirmed.
Residents were told on Monday morning that their waste would not be collected that day due to treacherous conditions caused by the weather.
An East Suffolk spokesman said: "With further snow forecast for this evening and temperatures widely expected to remain below freezing, it has been decided to cancel all bin collections on Tuesday, February 9.
"This means we will not be collecting any bins which were scheduled for collection on Tuesday, nor those which were due for collection today (Monday).
"We will advise tomorrow (Tuesday) when these collections will take place and how collections during the rest of the week will be affected."
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK